Sunday 31 July 2011

Sunny Sunday

Today was another out of sync day.  I went to bed early last night as a consequence of having got up so early on Saturday morning.  I did a fatal thing. I started knitting.  I finished my third pair of gloves, and have almost completed my second set of boots - this time for an adult.  I had to stop as I have run out of wool.  I will finish them tomorrow.

What is really fun is that each knitting project is a little bit different.  Either the wool is a new texture or colour or thickness, or I think of something that would make the pattern more useful or attractive, so when I do it the next time I change the design.  Or it is a completely different garment or piece of craft work from one that I have tried before.  I am starting to understand why this hobby can last a lifetime.  I can also understand why Merle is passionate about quilting.  I can only begin to imagine that quilting is even more alluring.

The veggies are starting to pop through quite quickly now:
There are sixteen squares per box.  This is one of the squares.  At the moment, only radishes and lettuce have sprouted.  It is probably still a bit nippy for the summer veg that I planted.  Also, the larger plants, like peas and beans take longer to sprout.  It would be really, really nice if one or two of the larger or summer plants have popped up before Friday.  What is quite interesting is that when I planted the seeds, I painstakingly put one seed into each hole, thinking that I could always add new seed where plants did not sprout.  Yet I see that every now and then two little plants are sprouting from the same hole.  Either the seeds are minute and I managed to plant two in the same hole, or the seeds are producing twins :). 

I added to Lesson in Light with Love is like a butterfly.  And to Project 365 with Peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment