Friday 29 July 2011

Hike through Cape Point, starting at Gif Kommetjie

Another wonderful day's hiking.  Now for this one, I don't want a stop button.  The spirit of fellowship amongst the hikers is like a spiritual balm, and the views, oh the views.  I can't seem to stop drinking them in.  I hope that this particular thirst is never quenched:
 More piccies of the beach can be viewed at Hike through Cape Point.

There was some scrambling through the bush:

And we saw three tortoises and a pair of ostriches who seemed to be protecting something - perhaps a clutch of eggs.  Pictures of these can be seen at Wildlife in Cape Point.

We didn't go and view the shipwreck, but took note for next time:

I have a horrible suspicion that the reason why we didn't go and view the shipwreck was because of me.  It is  bit embarrassing.  Of the hikers, I am probably one of the youngest, if not THE youngest.  Yet I am the strain on the group at the moment.  I had Walter walking ahead of me to get me through the patches where I might incur vertigo - and most certainly did!  And Brian brought up the rear guard.  Everyone assured me that in due course I would graduate from a mountain sheep to a mountain goat, like they are, and that they had all had their turns to be the sheep.  I so hope that this comes true.  I am just not sure how many hikes it is going to take for me to get there.  If anyone hiking today reads this, this comes with my grateful thanks for your kindness and support.

I have posted one picture of this hike on Project 365: On top of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Reine. Didn't we experience that once before? You have made a lot of progress with vertigo and one day, thanks to your co-hikers, you may just overcome this phobia.

    ReplyDelete