Tuesday 19 July 2011

Mother's little helper

This 'flu thing is really starting to get me down.  I have had to cancel four things now because of it - a hike up Karbonkelberg last Friday and another today;  Computer Club last night, and Knitting Club tonight.

It is a very runny nose, very phlegmy chest - both of which are kind of ok, except for the lost sleep over a blocked nose and inability to breathe.  What is really causing the problem is the pneumatic drill in my head.  Each time I cough, it feels as if someone is drilling into my brain.  And actually, I need to cough.

I was so desparate this morning that I walked up to Valyland to go get help:
Mother's Little Helper
These have knocked me for a six.  What I can say is that whilst mother took her little helper, she did not knit.  I can't even wield the knitting needles without dropping stitches or mis-winding the wool.  I guess it is back to bed for me.  Unless I feel somewhat better, I figure even the photograph a day adventure is not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment