Wednesday 13 July 2011

Knitting Club

I am a bit obsessed about this knitting thing.  I can't stop walking into wool shops and standing around like a kid in a candy store.  The colours, the textures, the patterns, the possibilities - they are all a little overwhelming.  Yesterday afternoon, I went to buy fruit at our local shopping centre, and remembered that Olive's Menage sells wool.  So I popped in.  The tables in the shop were simply overflowing with the most beautiful wools.  The shop owner had recently had a consignment delivered from the UK - many wools that are not locally readily available.  And did we reminisce!  All of us remembered the days when shops like Garlicks and Stuttafords had material and wool counters, with trays and trays of patterns.  I was invited to join the Knitting Club.  So I did:
Published with permission of all present
We had a lot of fun.  This is a weekly event.  Not to be missed unless I am not around to attend.

I finished my scarf, except for sewing in the ball tails.  I will post once this is complete.  When I came home, I my obsession was so fueled by the fun and the chat and the various projects that people were working on, that I started one of my 'secret' projects.  I knitted until the early hours of this morning.  And even if I say so myself, it is looking pretty good.  Even other people are commenting, so it can't just be me feeling self important.  As these special projects are gifts, I won't post piccies until recipients have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment