Thursday 7 July 2011

Scene on the Train: Fish Hoek to Muizenburg and home

Today was another first.  U3A had their monthly meeting at the Muizenburg Pavillion.  I decided to go by train.  I caught the train in Fish Hoek, got off at Muizenburg and walked to the Pavillion, then I walked from Muizenburg along the Beach Front to St James station, and caught the train home.  I must admit, this is a whole heap more relaxing and enjoyable than driving, particularly as the Kalk Bay roadworks are still underway.  Here is a piccie seen from the train window:
The meeting was wonderful.  The topic was 'Galapagos - Evolution's Workshop'.  It was well presented, with a good accompanying slide show, and very, very informative.  This is something I will do again.

I spotted a couple of what are becoming familiar faces - people from the walks, my neighbour and someone from way back when I used to do Craft Markets.  It was, overall, a lovely experience.

More pictures can be seen on Lesson in Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment