Monday 18 July 2011

Fish Hoek: A most enjoyable day

This morning started with a most enjoyable walk along Fish Hoek Dog's beach - from the light house to the Silvermine River Estuary and back.  I parted company from the other hiker's at that point, and took Bolle home.  Those without dogs, or dogs who would wait in the car continued up the beach to the cat walk and walked to Sunny Cove.

I had some admin to do.... the library, dog food, and collection of my Loot orders, and my photograph a day.  As I drove into Fish Hoek, I looked at the bay and it was as calm as a Mill Pond.  You can see today's pictures at Lesson in Light.

When I stopped, I found this cheeky fellow:
At Loot, this is what I collected:
Then, whilst at the library, I collected something I can recall from when Mom and Aunty Joan were in Fish Hoek:
We are fortunate in Fish Hoek that organisations like SAARP [the new name for ARP&P] and U3A are so active and so well supported.  Here are some of the most recent events within SAARP:
- A talk on Fire and Rescue Service;
- A mini Christmas in July get-together;
- A dance demonstration and Tai-Chi;

My debut event in September will be a Spring Tea, where I get to dress as my favourite flower.  I will have to engage the creative brain for this one.

I didn't go to the nursery.  Thursday is Pensioner's day, with discounts on offer.  I figure I'll wait until then :).

I have cancelled Computer Club for this evening.  My cough and cold have not abated, and the headache has returned with something of a vengeance.  I am going to go and curl up with an exhausted Bolle for a while and see if it dissipates.

No comments:

Post a Comment