Friday 15 July 2011

Disappointing day

I had arranged to hike over Karbonkelberg in Hout Bay today.  I got everything ready last night - camera, water, fruit, map, socks, takkies, clothes to wear.  I set my alarm for 06h30 so that I had time to feed cats and dog.  When I woke up, I had an awfully runny nose, a really sore chest and throat, and a raging headache.  So forewent my hike in favour of a few more hours in bed.  The cold has not abated much through the day.  I did manage my photograph/s for the day, though.  You can see these at Lesson in Light.

This afternoon I prepared my hoisin chicken, which lasts for the next few days, and mixed up a lovely batch of roast veg, also for the next few days.  I got a fair amount of veg from the garden, but supplemented, as always, with loads of squash - courgettes, baby gems and patty pans.  
Whilst I was at the shops, I saw that the spring and summer seeds are coming into stock, so bought some pepper seeds:
And a spare SD card for my camera:
It amazes me that something so small can cost as much as it does.  However, on my photography course, Peter made it clear that one gets what one pays for.  He recommended the above, so I bought it.  He proved completely correct about the batteries.  I initially bought cheaper ones.  They lasted about one photography session.  I subsequently bought the more expensive ones, and they have lasted WEEKS, despite taking photographs almost every day.  Wise advice, wisely taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment