Monday 4 July 2011

Time for reflection

This weekend has been quiet.  Despite some early morning rain, both Saturday - yesterday, and today were beautiful days:  yes, cold, but sunny, and still with no wind.  Those dratted boxes were too wet to paint.  Still, tomorrow is another day.

Yesterday I had cause to consolidate the road I have travelled over the past two months.  It has been a tough road.  Getting to a crossroads is sometimes very, very hard.  Mostly it entails a very deep journey into the inner core of one's soul.  One comes out the other side worse off, or better off.  Or one does not come out the other side at all.

Setting oneself on a new path is never easy.  There are regrets for things that are gone.  There are fears about what the future holds.  There are new habits to establish; new ways to see things; paradigm shifts to be made; fear barriers to overcome.  Best of all, there are new experiences to be had; new people to meet; new friends to be made.  All told, the progress forward has been good.  I like to think that I have come out the other side, and better off.

During this reflection, I had time to think about the people who have stood by me through this time.  They know who they are.  To my daughter, Dani, and to Idgy, especially, I offer up my thanks for the grace that you have extended to me.  And to Toni:  someone I turned to four times in my life, when I was at my wit's end, and she listened: and she heard.  Listening and hearing are not the same thing.  Thank you, Toni. 

This reflection took me to interesting places:  to a house in Clovelly; to a church; to a garden a few doors down from where I live.  I had to do this to bring closure.  Bolle enjoyed the walk :).

I stuck to my commitment to take a photograph a day.  These can be viewed at Lesson in Light.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Idgy and Toni reads this, they will appreciate this more than anything ever been told. I think that somehow you have touched the innermost and most sensitive part of what a human has, called "feelings". You are a wonderful person. If only you knew to what extent, it would help you even more. You have mentored and taken time to listen to certain people. Keep it up, those people need you just as much as you have needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend.... always there for me. May I be there for you when you need me, as you have been for me.

    ReplyDelete