Monday 1 August 2011

Muizenberg to Kalk Bay Beach Walk

Monday walks are lovely.  Mostly they involved the beach.  This particular walk is one that I can do any time, in any weather.  It is beautiful.  From Muizenberg to St James there is a Cat Walk on the beach side of the railway track.  After St James there is a very short stumbly bit on the beach itself, and then a lovely stretch of sand, before walking through the subway under the railway tracks to a small park-like area between the railway track and the Main Road, where one can stop for tea.  When we got back to Muizenberg, we went to Knead for coffee.  The place buzzes all the time.  The temptation to indulge in one of their superb pastries or interesting breads was overwhelming but I resisted.  I did succumb to one of their wonderful coffees.  Don't you love the way they make patterns in the cream on top?

Here is the start of the walk:
There are more pictures at Lesson in Light.  There is another of graffiti painted onto the walk of Muizenberg station which I thought well worth taking.  One can read it two ways - posted on Lesson in Light.


 I updated My Project 365 for today.

Outside of the walk, today was a fairly busy day - finalising some administration, preparing parcels for postage, taking Pigaloo to the vet, bits in the garden, bits on the knitting.  I achieved a lot, and managed to remove all but four items on my 'to do' list for this week.  The outstanding items need other events to take place before I can finalise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment