Tuesday 23 August 2011

Home again, home again, jiggedy, jog

Home again after two weeks in Korea.  It seems only yesterday that I was gearing to go, and here I am back again.  When I say Korea, it was Seoul - the Soul of Asia, as they say.  Having not been to any other part of Asia, it is difficult for me to comment on this saying.  What I can say is that from what I observed, Korea has a vested interest in a lot of the concepts which we understand to make up the soul and the spirit of mankind, with kind being the operative word.  Koreans, in a lot of ways, have a culture and lifestyle to be envied by many a Westerner.

The primary objective of the trip was to spend time with my daughter, Dani.  Which I did.  We spent almost every moment with each other during the time that I was there.  The memories of this time are things that I will cherish.  I have secreted away several highlights for my treasure chest - the place where I go when I want to savour precious moments - as I drift off to sleep, or as I become aware through 'triggers' in the future which will remind me of the time that we spent together.

Ahead of me is the editing of simply thousands of photographs which I will post on A Light Traveller over the next few days.  This is my first post - the leg between Dubai and Seoul, where my seat was upgraded from Economy to First class.

My second post is of my first evening in Seoul, spent browsing through the Amsa Market
My third post, also from my first evening in Seoul, is some of what we saw In an around Amsa

Whilst I was away some positively wonderful things happened in the garden:
Spinach
Broad Beans
Giant Mustard
Square Foot Garden
I am starting to update my Project 365, for the time being for August 6th and August 7th retrospectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment