Wednesday 14 December 2011

The Warrior Toy Museum in Simonstown

I was in Simonstown this morning and the Toy Museum was open.  I often wander past and it isn't.  I was a bit short of time, but simply could not resist a peek.  They have over 15 000 matchbox car toys in there!  Most of the toys are behind glass, obviously, to protect them from atmospheric wear and tear, and from little hands sneaking them into pockets.  The Curator of the museum was kind enough to help me by removing some of the items from display so that I could get a better picture.  My favourite, of course, is on Project 365.  

Others include one taken whilst watching the trains run around their track:
And another, a Mobil Tanker:
And in the girlie section, some kewpie dolls, smiling down from a top shelf:

I could have gone on for ages, as the curator and I were having quite a lot of fun.  Sadly all good things must end, and I reverted from a few minutes of five year old fun back into something vaguely resembling a responsible adult.  

I did ask whether there were any Smurfs or Spirots or Lucky Lukes.  Sadly there were not.  That's ok.  I have my own collection of these, strategically placed, so that I can spot them easily, and remember the wonderful times that I have shared with my Bee :).

I then dropped last night's piccies off at Olive's Menage, and we shared a good giggle over the Christmas party last night. 

And, thanks to kind Mother Nature, I don't have to water the garden.  I figure, maybe, pulling a pile of weeds would be a good investment in time.  Well, maybe....

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you need to share the Smurfs, Spirou and Lucky Luke

    ReplyDelete