Tuesday 20 December 2011

Historical Walk through Kalk Bay

Today we walked through Kalk Bay, looking out for historical landmarks dating back through the last 200 years or so.  Probably my best moment was stumbling across this:
This is the poster from Dani's first play, proudly displayed in a theatre in Kalk Bay.  Dani, girl, you are part of the history of the peninsula :).

As always, I posted my best piccie as Dance Everlasting on Project 365.

Other lovely scenes from today's walk are:
One of the tiled murals of historical Kalk Bay which adorn walls in strategic places
Fellow hikers
Kalk Bay Harbour Wall
Fisherman - some real, some not so real :)
I took this picture from half way up the stair case - not bad for someone with vertigo :)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Remember, your vertigo was successfully overcome once before, in Paris, coming back from Sacre Coeur at Montmartre. I am proud of you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Dani. I hope to have a similar surprize with Quentin one day.

    ReplyDelete