Saturday 3 December 2011

Idiosyncratic synchronicity

Life is so funny sometimes.  Back in April, my CD stopped playing.  Every time I loaded a disc it would come up saying 'no disc'.  No matter how many discs I tried, it was adamant that there wasn't one.  What was worse, is that the sound card in my pc was on the blink.  So I was living in a soundless, musicless world, which for someone who simply loves music, was like a living death.  I don't do TV, so except for the odd cat yowl, or Bolle-speak, my world was pretty quiet.

Stuff happened today, which meant that things didn't quite work out as planned, and I was kind of restless.  In a last ditch attempt to get myself going again, I obstinately turned the CD player on, and guess what?  It played.  And guess what?  It had 'Time to Say Goodbye' in it, a disc by Sarah Brightman, whose voice has complete and utter perfect pitch.  Ok, so I listened to that.

Then in a fit of sheer mindless joy to be back in a world of sound, I stuck on Billy Joel, hauled out my drum and had a drumming session in the lounge.  The cats are still dumbstruck :).

Now I'm listening to the soundtrack from the movie The Bodyguard.  Whitney Houston has that really strong assertive singing style which fits my mood.

I posted piccies of yesterday's hike on Project 365 as The restlessness of water and A froth of lace.  We had a lovely lunch at the Green Bean afterwards, kindly funded by proceeds of the hike.  It was a lovely day all round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment