Saturday 31 December 2011

Old Year's Eve 2011

This is going to be a short post.  I have been cooking up a storm of salads to see me through the next few days.

I developed an interest in Bulgar wheat, so corrupted a really nice recipe for Tabouleh Salad.  I will include the basic recipe that I used on the recipes page.  I added some dried apricots, raisins and a little honey.  It is now languishing in the fridge to get nice and cold.  Tomorrow I will add the tomatoes, cucumber and add some salad corn.  What makes it especially nice is that the spring onion and parsley came out of the garden, and the tomatoes that I add tomorrow will also be from the garden.  Very satisfying indeed...

Then I bought some fresh beetroot, which I have cooked up and is cooling before skinning and cutting up.  I plan to serve this with tinnned mandarin slices, baby spinach, feta, and some yummy dressing.  Now that I think about it, some pine nuts might be good.  

So no piccies today.  Just warm wishes to everyone who reads this as they witness the close of 2011, and the dawning of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment