Monday 19 December 2011

Stopping to smell the roses

Today we hiked in Tokai.  There were about 14 of us.  I posted Cropping on Project 365.  What I particularly like about Monday walks is that there is time to chat with fellow hikers, and to make new friends.  The group changes from week to week, with familiar faces and new faces intermingled into a patina of fellowship.  This sign, stuck against one of the trees, caused much amusement amongst the group:
I mean, I know we live in Africa and all that, but sometimes there are limits :).
Today I want to celebrate eight months of blogging and six months of Project 365.  In terms of this blog, it is now read, albeit in small numbers, in the following countries:  South Africa, United States, Russia, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, Australia and Netherlands.  It sometimes feels strange that people that I will perhaps never meet, take an interest in this funny little blog which I beaver away on in the wee hours of the morning.

And on Project 365, there is nothing quite as stimulating as getting a 'Fav' on a photograph!  To have someone out there like it enough out of the millions that are posted daily to give it a special mention gives one a heart-swell of note.  

So thanks to those of you who pop onto my blog every now and then, and take time to look at my photographs.  I enjoy doing it.  I enjoy it even more when I know that people appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment