Tuesday 13 December 2011

The joy of laughter

Some days are gifts.  I woke up really early this morning, gearing for a day of sweaty gardening.  Poor garden.  It didn't even get a soaking.

Dani came on line.  Her lunch time is my breakfast time.  We spent that lunch time discussing Myers and Briggs profiles and the impact that the various personalities have on each other.  Dani and I are very similar in many ways.  I won't share what profile I am on this blog, as that would be too much information!  However, she explored with me some of the impacts that we have on others.  By the time we had finished almost an hour of exploration, I was rolling on the floor laughing.  The situations that she described are so typical of some of the interactions that I have with others.

Late this afternoon I went up to Knitting Club.  As the last club meeting of the year, it got to be a Christmas party.  Here is the start-up scene:
Through the evening there were many moments of joyful play:
with another on Project 365 as Girls being girls.
And there was time for tears - tears of joy - too:


Afterwards, I came home and shared a lovely long chat with Idgy - my soul sister.  During the chat, she received some wonderful news about one of her sons.  It was a gift that I got to share that with her.

What a lovely day, filled with unexpected moments of love and joy.  I am a very blessed person.
  Maybe I am learning that every day is a gift, if one opens oneself to the opportunities that abound within it.


This is an addendum to this post.....  Dani ALWAYS wins hands down on scrabble.  I figure I'm lucky if I get somewhere around 100 points behind her.  And today, a wonderful, gorgeous, sublimely happy day.... Yup... you got it... I WON!  This may well be my most precious gift for the next decade.  I will wallow in it happily for months, whilst she reverts to whipping my butt :)

1 comment: