Saturday 10 September 2011

The thief of time

Who is this thief that steals my time?  I used to worry about the Trog Monster.  Now I worry about the Time Thief. 

Yesterday, whilst exploring new work opportunities, I spent some time back in Century City.  I repeated that long haul along the M5, across the Koeberg Interchange, and down the N1.  I must admit, once the interchange is complete, that intersection will be much improved.  

This morning we hiked through Klaasenbosch.  I had absolutely no clue that such a beautiful place existed right in the middle of the suburbs.  One can wander for kilometres through lovely greenery, following a multitude of horse trails just below Kirstenbosch.  This is something that is definitely repeatable.  Thank you, Walter for suggesting it, and for providing the leadership support that I needed.  I learn a lot from you.

I posted two pictures on Project 365;  Quiet Time and Stealth.  I took the first picture on Wednesday, when I went to do the UIF thing.  I tucked another trip in on Thursday in some time that I had available during the exploration that I was doing.  The one that I took on Wednesday didn't come out so well, and it is such a short and pretty drive to Simonstown along Main Road, past the beach, that it seemed worth it.

I posted another picture on Project 365 which shows another variation of Tree Lace.  I was quite pressed to take photographs in Klaasenbosch, as I was ostensibly leading the hike, and we had one or two members who were obviously interested in setting quite a pace.  I will go back and take more sometime when I take a more leisurely pace through some of the most beautiful countryside that I have seen in a long time.  Here are two of the pictures that I did take whilst hiking through Klaasenbosch, just so that you have an idea of how green and beautiful this walk is:
Start of Hike
En route
Isy, it is most definitely time for another holiday in Cape Town.  I have learnt so much about trails in and around this area, and would so love to share it all with you.

Tomorrow, I will spend some time in the garden.  I really do need to harvest those beans.  And I note with sorrow that the snails have discovered my pea plants.  I doubt very much that I will have much in the way of a pea harvest.  Although what is very gratifying is to see the start of the summer veggies emerging.  They certainly have taken their time.  Given that fact that this was an experiment to see when the optimal starting time for summer planting is, I am delighted to see some emerging at all.  The fact that they are starting to appear has given me incentive to plant more.  I will record the time for next year, so that I plant at a more appropriate time.

1 comment:

  1. I am very touched by your invitation. I would do a lot just to be able to come over and shared this with you. Thank you, I will certainly think about this; I need a break

    ReplyDelete