Wednesday 14 September 2011

Spring is in the air, there are flowers everywhere

Today has been such a lovely day.  It started with playing down scrabble and word games, followed by a quick chat with Isy where we shared a giggle or two.  

Despite the fact that Cordelia now only works for me once a fortnight, she comes here anyway on the day when she would have worked for me.  Her daughter goes to school in Fish Hoek.  She has not yet found alternative employment, so comes here for a safe haven between dropping Patience off at school and collecting her at midday.

During the morning, Bolle and I went to the beach.  It is a perfect spring day - warm, without being hot, wind-free and low humidity.  The beach had recently been cleaned, so there were long stretches of sand with waves lapping gently on the shore.  For years, Bolle has been outstanding at fetching her ball when I toss it.  It is only recently that she is learning to give it back to me in order to throw it again.  What she actually wants is to play tug of war with it, so we do that a bit, and then I ask her to drop it, and she does, albeit unwillingly.  I love watching the expressions in her eyes as she goes through the process of realising that the only way to get it thrown again is to let go of it.

Afterwards I returned to Noordhoek Farm Village to retake yesterday's pictures of the flowers there.  Yesterday was wet and cold and most of the pictures that I took were blurred, or the lighting was bad.  I forgot to use my flash.

I have uploaded pictures to Project 365.  I noticed that the sequence of pictures was a bit out so I sorted that out, but have not extrapolated the changes through to this blog.  Sorry if some of the posts are a bit wrong in this regard.  I may, when I have time, revisit posts over the last few days and 'fix' the links.

Bev called and we had a brief chat and shared a laugh.  We are planning some hiking in the near future when both of us are free at the same time.

Later today, I am going to visit another friend of mine.  We are working on the possibility of some part time work for me.  However it turns out, I am learning a lot, and enjoying the process.

A quick picture to brighten this post:
Another member of the protea family, seen at Noordhoek Farm Village

No comments:

Post a Comment