Sunday 4 September 2011

New Friends and New Skills

A lot has happened since last post.

On Thursday evening, I went to Computer Club with Helen.  It was a most insightful session.  Based on questions from members, and answers from a really knowledgeable person, I learnt an amazing amount.  I may have been in IT for 30 years as a Business Analyst.  That has not taught me all I need to know about running a business from home in IT terms.  What also struck me was that people with no IT background at all are dealing with things that are so very foreign to them.  For the lay person, the PC world is fraught with difficulties.  I have every intention of joining soon. 

Thinking back on some of the things that I have done over the past few months, attending my photography course with Peter Haarhoff has to have been one of the best choices I made.  I attended a free Macro Workshop on Saturday morning.  Despite having attended the course, I learnt a lot, some things that I had forgotten, and some new things that arose from questions that people asked.

On Saturday afternoon, I was granted a rare treat from someone whom I met at the U3A meeting on Thursday morning:  a tour of the rare indigenous species that are being nurtured in the Silvermine Wetlands.  I realised that I have so much to learn.  We had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, and for future walks, I now know what to look out for.  Some were not in flower now, but I know where to find them when they do come into flower.  I have never seen a salmon pink vygie before.  Here are some of them:
I have posted a picture of a Red Cone Bush on Project 365.

This morning I spent with someone whom I met at Computer Club.  We explored options for my going into business for myself.  It was an enlightening morning, with more exploratory sessions in future.

And, my piece de resistance!  My first Origami attempt, which can also be seen on Project 365.  I know that they are made out of recycled paper.  These were practice ones.  They remain very pretty.

And one final little happiness.... My best scrabble score moved out of the 400s into the 500s.  Am very pleased with self :).

No comments:

Post a Comment