Saturday 24 September 2011

National Heritage Day

It is quite scary how quickly time skitters and fritters away.  I last posted early, early on Tuesday morning.  

I spent the day with Bev on Tuesday.  We had a really lovely day.  Here is a picture of her pool, and the view that she has from her verandah out across the sea of Camps Bay:
I caught the train to Claremont.  Bev picked me up there.  We did some shopping, and then went through to her house.  Bev then dropped me off at Cape Town station where the trains were delayed :(.  I finally got back to Fish Hoek a bit late for knitting club, but walked up anyway and had a lovely time with a group of about 20 other beaverish knitters.  I posted a picture of Devil's Peak, as seen from Bev's house on Project 365.

Wednesday and Thursday were spent exploring work options.  I am making some headway in that regard, which is good news. Other pursuits on these two days were working on Christmas gifts which I am planning for friends.

Friday was another hiking day.  We hiked up through Newlands Forest:
I posted a picture of  beautiful waterfall that we saw on our journey on Project 365.  


I spent the afternoon with Cleone.  Cleone is a friend of mine from Toastmasters.  We went to her cottage in Glencairn, and then onto her cottage in Simonstown.  We haven't spent time together in ages, so it was good to catch up.  I am seeing her again later today.

And today is National Heritage Day.  I am about to go and do some shopping, and then resume the activities of Wednesday and Thursday.  I also aim to tuck in some gardening, which is an ongoing daily joy.

A little bit of happiness:  My blogs are now viewed in 10 countries.  Not bad for a l'il ol' South African chick :).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations . I really enjoy this blog of yours and must shamefully admit that I am a wee bit envious of your free time and activities. Keep it up!
    Your most faithful reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, dear soul sister. Thanks ever so much for your kindness. I may have much free time, and yes, I am grateful for it. However, you are blessed with a salary, which I am not :).

    ReplyDelete