Sunday 11 September 2011

Green Beanie

I am disappointed about the hike that I was going to go on.  It got cancelled at the last minute.  Oh, well, life goes on.  I have three hikes to look forward to next week.

Last night I finally got around to picking my beans.  They are positively huge!  Everyone said that when they got big like that, they were tough.  That is absolutely not true.  I picked them, took a piccie of them, and ate two for supper, which I assure you were enough.  Freshly picked out of the garden, they remained crunchy and juicy.  And when the plants wither, which they will do as we move into summer, they will form wonderful green compost to be plowed back into the soil.  The green compost was why I planted them in the first place.  The bean harvest is actually a bonus.  I really am ever so pleased with my gardening experiments.

Today, in lieu of the cancelled hike, I got stuck into the garden.  Bolle loves it when I do that as the two of us are outside spending time together, and there is always some ball throwing going on.  She blessed me with a very rare photograph of her.

And something to pep up this post.  Here are some of the freesias that are growing in the window boxes against the fence:
These are a wonderful sight as we move into the warmth of spring, before the onslaught of the really hot summer days.

Next week is going to be pretty full, so I doubt that I will post daily.  Despite some very sad events, as I sit here, contemplating life, there is so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment