Monday 12 September 2011

The Return of the Trog Monster

Sometimes very sad things happen.  Those very sad things make one return to a former time, a former place.  That happened to me yesterday.  It caused The Trog Monster to return.  I really thought that he was out of my life forever.  Clearly he is not.

After a sleepless night, I cancelled this morning's hike so that I could get some rest, and then attended an interview.  My driving confidence has waned somewhat, now that I no longer drive to town or the Northern Suburbs regularly.  I left FH at 12h15 for a meeting at 14h00.  I was 20 minutes late, after getting lost about three times.  Fortunately for me, the people that I was meeting with were tolerant and understanding.  I so appreciated that.

The next few days will be spent actively evicting that awful monster again.  It shouldn't take as long now, as I have worked through the issues once, and I know what drives him away.  So roll on tomorrow, another day of hiking [if the weather comes right, and it stops raining].  If no hiking, then I will meet up with friends and have a girlie day.  That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment