Sunday 27 March 2011

Footprint 13: A quantum leap

Last night, for the first time, I honoured Earth Hour.  It was a lonely hour.  All my toys, my mental distractions, being my books, my board games and my dabblings in writing were not available to me.  All my toys operate in the false light of electricity in the night.  I wandered around the small new beginnings in my back garden, with my faithful friend, Skattebol, and savoured my new life which is just starting.  It was an hour of reflection... a time to gather my thoughts on the new direction that my life is taking.

Interesting then, that this morning, I should randomly pick up one of my treasures, Gaia's Garden,  and randomly look up Gaia's Garden on Google, and stumble upon one of the most illuminating texts that I have read in a long time: Finding a Sense of Surplus.

In this moment, on this day, I understand the meaning of the proverb.... 'The darkest hour is before dawn'.

That a seeming 'disaster', in the name of retrenchment should bring me to such a dawning realisation is one of the gifts that life has given me.  As I write this blog, a mail has just this moment come through, the lead-line of which reads 'God can't hand you anything new until you let go of what you're holding'.

May I treasure this gift for the rest of my life.  In the moments of doubt that surely lie ahead, I will return to this blog and I will return to the text above to reassure myself that although I stand alone, I am not alone on this planet.

I have renamed this blog in honour of this moment, so that every time I write on this blog, I will think of this day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an addendum to this post.  I received a third confirmation that the path ahead is the path for me.  How kind He is that He should take time to guide me on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment