Monday 20 June 2011

So much time has passed

It is almost two weeks since I last posted about my garden.  The weather has not been conducive to gardening.  The winds have howled, the rain has poured, and despite the fact that we are a temperate seaside resort, we have even had hail.  My sole remaining pea plant has bent to the winds, despite staking.  It does have pea pods, which is quite pleasing. 

For several of those days, my internet access was down.  With some pummelling and pushing and panting on my part, Telkom restored it after five days of down time.

Today was magnificent.  The square foot gardens are still damp, so the next coat of white paint has to wait until the surface of the boxes is dry enough to take a new coat.

What then has occupied this lazy blogger during the past two weeks?  My Lesson In Light project is updated from the last 10 days.  My travel plans are finalised, and a house sitter organised for the time that I will be away.  My scrabble game has improved somewhat.  There has been progress in terms of effort at gym.  Those extra pounds are disappearing, which is very gratifying.

I have advanced two pieces of writing, and submitted one for publication.  I joined the Fish Hoek Writing Club, which provides a forum for sustained momentum.  This week's project was to write about a celebration.  Mine was about my 52nd birthday - simple, but succinct.  This might become the subject of a future blog.  I'll see how it goes.

And last, but not least, I am rereading 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak - a very good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment