Saturday 4 June 2011

Footstep 55: And down came a spider

Things have been quite eventful since my last post.  There has not been much activity in the garden, as again, there was threatened rain yesterday, and today there is more rain.  So further painting of the gardens is going to have to wait for a bright sunny day.

Yesterday, then, consisted of going to gym, and furthering my two new pursuits.  I posted most of the Cape Town 2009 holiday with Isy, which can be seen at A Light Traveller.

And some of the day was spent acquiring my photograph for the day, which can be seen at Lesson in Light: Clovelly Country Club.

Whilst posting merrily away, a thief in the form of a pigeon stole into my bedroom to steal dog biscuits.  Photographs of this can be seen at Lesson In Light: A thief in my bedroom.

The thief chose not to leave, so spent the night on top of the cupboard in my room.  This did not make for a restful night, as every time the bird moved, Bolle went ballistic.  I go up really early to open the door to let our overnight visitor go, should he choose to leave, and there on my burglar grill was a really alarming spider.
So I closed the door, abandoned the overnight visitor to Bolle and came through to my computer to catch up on mail, play scrabble, and continue posting.

Now that it is lighter outside, I have returned to open the door.  Bolle is now with me in this room, the spider is still perched on the grill which is now open, and hopefully our guest will depart, although I am not sure whether I will know or not as he has tucked himself so far back on the cupboard that I can no longer see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment