Friday 15 April 2011

Footprint 27: Some new additions to the garden

Over the past few days, I have been acquiring additional plants for the garden:
Strawberry
A strawberry plant is a bit like 'Hen and Chicken'.  The mother plant grows long tendrils which develop new strawberry plants.  The above is one mother plant with lots of babies.  I figure I am going to have to leave it like this until the babies root.  Then I will move the mother plant to a better looking container and hopefully more tendrils with more new plants will develop.
Chocolate mint
 Now this is an interesting mint.  It smells just like peppermint crisp!  It is waiting in a pot outside my back door in a place which is part shade and part sun.  Mints need to be potted as in the right environment they grow like weeds, and can become a nuisance.
Perennial basil and comfrey
Behind the perennial basil is some lemon grass.  These are waiting to be planted this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment