Monday 11 April 2011

Footprint 24: My haven

My back garden is not only an experimental veggie patch.  It is a very safe space.  With the trees and tall shrubs all around the border of the property, I have complete privacy here:
My haven
In the corner are some pots, one of which has pretty plants in it, and one with the first garlic plantings.  Between them is my milk crate with ginger in it.  There are now SIX ginger plants.  It is clearly happy in its home.
Corner Tree
Above is a picture of a very pretty tree which is growing in a corner in the back garden.  I really must find out what it is.  The large florets which are made up of literally thousands of tiny flowers are a major attraction for bees.  The tree provides cool shade for both the rooms behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment