Tuesday 24 May 2011

Footstep 50: Rainy days and Mondays

Yesterday rained, quite a lot, actually.  I am pleased that I took the time on Sunday to do the first full bitumen coat of the inside of the boxes.  This will give some protection to the wood until the rain stops and I can do the next coat.

So I drove through to Bergvliet and met a friend.  She introduced me to a lovely new bakery which serves elegant and adequate portions of really nice food, and of course, the interminable cups of coffee.  On the way home, I sorted out admin things like changing my cell phone arrangement from contract to pre-paid, and going to the bank to do what one does at banks [I didn't hold it up, which is the South African way :)].

The rest of the day was spent doing household chores and catching up on various items of admin that were outstanding.

Is that lovely, yellow, golden sun that I see peeking through my window?  Yes, it is.  I am off to inspect my garden for new growth and to see if any damage was done by the wind and the rain yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment