Tuesday 17 May 2011

Footstep 44: The Brazilian Pepper Haircut

I finally relented.  My beloved brazilian pepper tree is too invasive.  I tried to remove as little as possible last time.  The neighbours wanted more removed.  So I engaged a professional tree feller.  Here are the stages of the hair cut:
A step to the left
When you're on top, you're on top!
Off to the dump
After seeing the sheer volume removed, I am really pleased that I brought in a professional.  All of that needs to be lugged to the dump.  For someone equipped, it is two bakkie loads.  For my little corsa, it would have been months of lugging!
And here is the new look pepper tree:
Finally
I have been in my cottage for 17 years.  The tree was here before me.  I realise that it is just a common or garden pepper tree.  I just happen to like it very much.  It is a complex tree, which makes it attractive to look at.  I understand that it will grow back quite quickly.  Hopefully that is true.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Remember my willow? You want to see it now! It almost needs a crew cut every second year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the willow... I was there when it had a beatles style :)

    ReplyDelete