Sunday 22 May 2011

Footstep 47: Lessons through harvesting: Baby spinach

I got quite a shock this past week.  I harvested some of the baby spinach [forgetting to take a piccie].  There was not enough for a full pot, so I added some purchased baby spinach.  Together they made up a really nice big, full pot of baby spinach

I had already heated 1 cm of water at the bottom of the pot which is a waterless cooking pot, and got it to boiling point in order to steam the spinach.

Once the spinach was on, I put the lid on for literally two minutes before opening the lid to find that there was a tiny little pile of spinach at the bottom of the pot!  This was a rather large lesson learnt.  I will make sure that I plant several patches of spinach simultaneously so that there is enough to make a few meals between harvests.

No comments:

Post a Comment