Tuesday 31 May 2011

Footprint 51: More rainy days

I really am grateful that I painted the boxes on Thursday.  Ever since then, it has been raining either intermittently or non-stop.  Yesterday was an absolute downpour.  This may sound unpleasant.  It is not, actually.  In Cape Town, by March, unless one lives in Newlands, everything looks a little brown and very dry, particularly if there has been little rain, which happened this year.

Now, everything has greened up very nicely - including the weeds.  Sigh.

It has also put a damper, so to speak, on gardening for the time being.  It doesn't really impact progress, as the boxes are into a 7 day drying period again.  This is the second coat of pure bitumen.  There should be a third.  I have decided not to do the third.  The bitumen is very, very thick now, probably from repeatedly opening the tin.  The last coat that went on was quite hard to brush smoothly, and was very, very thick.  For this reason, I am going to leave it for the full 7 days, and then start with the coat of white.

I could have kicked myself.  On Sunday, and on Monday, when travelling back from the gym, False Bay had the most spectacular rainbows over the bay.  And I did not have my camera with me!  I have made a note to always carry my camera, as one never knows when those beautiful moments are going to happen that deserve a place in one's memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment