Sunday 8 January 2012

My Inner Kitchen Goddess is graduating

With a birthday coming up, and various groups of people to celebrate with, I spent the day preparing goodies to share.  This week is my debut into sharing some of the skills that I have learnt over the past few weeks.


I went and collected fruit and veg, and this is what I have made:
4.5 dehydrated cucumbers, to serve as chips with a home made Almond/Apricot/Butternut chutney and home made yoghurt dip;
30 dehydrated kiwi fruit, some of which I have prepared as glace for dipping in chocolate;
8 bottles of fruit conserve - some peach, some apricot and some peach/plum mixes;
2 batches of jam squares, using home made jam.
I have surpassed even my own expectations :).


The cucumber chips will be for knitting club on Tuesday;
The jam squares will be for my team meeting on Tuesday;
The glace kiwi fruit are for introducing my wonderful new skill to friends;
I think I'll make some Rawlicious biscuits to share with the group that I hike with on Friday.


The conserve I will keep to see me through the winter months when summer fruits are either expensive or not available.


What is even more amazing is that my kitchen is more or less back to its normal level of chaos.  My cupboards are bulging with bottles, tubs and jars of prepared goodies.  AND I still have some recycled bottles which are pristine clean, free of their historical gummy labels and ready to be refilled with fruit and chutneys of my choice. I feel replete.


No comments:

Post a Comment