Monday 9 January 2012

A Flat Earth Walk: Green Point Stadium

Back to hiking.  My beautiful world is restored.  

I got up at 04h00 to turn over produce in the dehydrator - out with the cucumber chips, in with some apricots.  Then I readied for the hike.  I have posted several pictures on Project 365, commencing 31st December through to 9th January.  I realise that this is a bit of a cheat.  It is just that I have been so busy, and haven't taken opportunities to take 'real' pictures, so would have posted vast quantities of drying fruit, which I am sure would have become somewhat boring.  Instead I posted lots of pictures of beadwork animals, which are far more entertaining.

Probably the best fun today, was going to the gym:


I love it when people get into the spirit of things :).  We had fun.  I have taken this shared moment and tucked it into my personal memory box - the place where I go when I want to remember how great it is to be alive.
Then we stopped for tea:
After that we walked back to the cars 'the long way round', past the military garrison and along the promenade.

It does look as if some of the innovation at Green Point Stadium has come from the Olympic Park in Seoul.  I saw several features which caused me to reminisce.  I will invite Dani to go with me and see what she thinks.

Then back home to the wilting cucumbers that I had forgotten to store, and which had to spend a few minutes back in the dehydrator to get them crispy again, and to check on the apricots which have been drying away.  These are taking forever!  The apricots are large and fresh and juicy.  I figure they're in for a 24 hour session.

The day re-ignited my love for this city.  We have absolutely no idea how fortunate we are to have the mountains, the sea, and expanses of parkland to roam in freely. 

1 comment: