Sunday 22 January 2012

Dani is on her way home

Yes, I know I went to visit her in August.  Still, the excitement mounts as I wait for her to come home.  Probably, because I was in a tizz, things didn't quite turn out as planned.


I prepared yogurt yesterday.  It was meant to finish at 22h00.  Somehow I managed to fall asleep.  When I rescued it this morning, the curds and way had separated.  Although it tasted absolutely fine, it didn't look that nice, so I tossed it.


Then, I made choccies.  I had purchased some bourneville.  I crushed some organic peanuts, and made peanut balls, coconut balls and raisin balls.  Because I didn't want them to set too hard, I added the tiniest bit of butter.  Obviously the tiniest bit was a tiny bit too much.  They didn't set properly.  Sigh.  I didn't toss these.  I ate them for breakfast.  No wonder I am not losing weight :).


So I made up for it today.  I baked a tray of jam and coconut slices, I have filled the dehydrator with plum roll-ups, tomatoes from the garden, apple slices and peach slices.  Except for a handful of apples and some citrus, I have managed to process all of the fruit that I bought into plastic containers for the dried stuff, and two embarrassingly large boxes and one cupboard of bottled stuff.  This does mean that to a degree, the house looks vaguely presentable.


I have moved all of the loose junk that manages to live in Dani's room into the computer room, and have made her room look nice, with a little dressing table that she can use as a desk for her laptop, place for her cases, and some space to hang up her stuff.


I watered the garden this morning, and because it it not swelteringly hot, I won't have to do it again this evening.  If she is not too exhausted, we'll have time to chat.


Funny, that as Mum, I feel a bit like a teenager going out on her first date.  In three hours time, I'll see her coming through the turnstiles at the airport, with her impish grin and her lively sense of humour.  I hope, sincerely hope, that I won't cry.

1 comment:

  1. Very touching and remember that crying can in fact be very soothing and by no means an act of weakness. Enjoy every minute of your time together.
    Love to both. Sorry about the yogurt.

    ReplyDelete