Saturday 1 October 2011

More news on the garden

Today was something of a gardening day, commencing with loads of weeding.  I have decided not to put weeds into my compost heap at all, as they seed and reproduce wherever one uses the compost.  I also don't want to take my weeds up to the municipal dump for conversion into compost, as I will simply make my problem someone else's problem.  So they are now going into the normal garbage to be put into a landfill.  Maybe my weeds can beautify someone else's left over plastic.

I was so chuffed with my spinach, that I posted the piccie on Project 365.

I also harvested the first of the shallots:
Thanks, again, Isy, for providing the original bulbs.  Hopefully I can salvage some of these to repeat the process.

Blush... I would have taken a piccie of some Ripe strawberries, except I scoffed them straight off the plant :).
Here is a piccie of some of the strawberries which are still green, still in flower and still in the pot:
And finally, my violas again.  With more sun, they have perked up very nicely and are flowering more abundantly:

1 comment: